Friday, April 4, 2008

Cup of Tea, and Peace

If Freud were alive today, he would be wetting his pants in anticipation, and I can also see all the amateur psycho-analysts rubbing their hands in glee,,,Yummmmm!! New material at long last.
I really identify with the character of Jeet, in Jab we met, No, I am not anorectic,(though some of my friends would beg to differ), with Fab-India kurtis, and a 'fair-to-the-point-of looking washed -out skin' to boot, but everything else matches, to the proverbial 'T'. I have verbal diarrhoea, now-a-days running into the realms of the Black-and-white, thanks to the unavailability of a live audience, and to the mounting STD bills,(do I hear multiple sighs of relief?), OCD forms such a large part of my life, that it has gone beyond mere straightening of bed-spreads of my childhood, to a desire to iron out creases, in all I see and encounter, up to a 100 km radius around me, including every body's lives, regardless of whether they want me to or not,(they just don't' know any better). Like Jeet, I too am probably rushing headlong towards a major disillusionment, which will probably break me and my Ideals, once and for all, because, up until now, I have managed to bounce back, from all that life has very graciously slapped me with, like the proverbial rubber ball. Moreover,(am I supposed to start a line in this manner? ), now-a-days, I manage to see the funny side, very often non-existent and entirely self-fabricated, even in themost horrible things, and that too when they are happening to me.
My sense of humor, too is going from the 'Cutely-Quirky' to the out-and-out weird, and then beyond, mood swings appear and disappear so fast, I am left spinning like a top,,A colorful one at that, because my dress sense, now consists of colors, most people politely term as "LOUD", Last night, this friend of mine was trying to convince me,again, that Silence is, indeed, most of the times, Golden, and I was busy trying to recall what Gold prices were at the moment, (unrelated? Odd? You really think so?)
I scare myself, most of the times, by all the energy I manage to pack in, within this petite (YES!!!!) frame, and my hospital staff are forever in a state of shock, poor beings.
Rudyard Kipling had once remarked, " It is better to write something about nothing, than write nothing about anything, at all",- This is just what I have been doing, verbally and mentally, for as long as I can remember, It was nice to find such a nice description to my madness!
PS: I am happy, the baby,(I had written of) though diagnosed as having Duodenal Atresia, has had the surgery, is recovering, and has been allowed milk, from today. Life rocks!

1 comment:

quetzalcoatl said...

your love for tea is very heartening...actually all the students drink tea to stay awake and study...they do stay awake but never study...:D...
BTW even i have become a bit more active and have posted again...
check if u r still not bored of it...

Followers,