Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Vacuum

In any conventional race, there are some people whose sole aim is to ace it, lead by such a large margin, there is never ever the scare of being overtaken.
There are some who do all they can to upset the plans of the others in the race,
and then there is a large chunk of participants who try hard to push on ahead, if not to the very top of the line, at least ahead of the guy just in front.
Then there are those, like me, who luxuriate in the thought that the race, any race for that matter, is just beyond them.
I , just like every single inhabitant of this planet of ours, am in a race too, and this race does not give you the option of pulling out midway, whether you like it or not, run you must, till the last lap rolls along and the chequered flag comes in sight. All one can do, is plod along. In every race, there will be winners and there will be those who are awarded the consolation prizes, provided they pick themselves up, every single time, and keep running.
This is one race I did not ask to join in, nor am I playing for a prize that I really have my heart set on, I had no choice in the matter, had no say in it, I was pushed in, and asked to run,,,,,,,I am.
But it has become tougher to keep on picking myself up, every time I falter, stumble or just tire , I am scared that I shall not find the courage, the strength, to pick myself up, next time I falter.
I am afraid I shall be the one who stops midway, and just gives up.
I am afraid that I shall lose out on even the Consolation prizes, in this race.

1 comment:

daktar said...

yeah. its a race we all are in.

and we all have our moments- strong and weak, good and bad.

but that doesn't mean that we can give up. Giving up is not an option, my friend!

Followers,