Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random 'Rabid' Ravings,,,

I am down, in the dumps.
Anyone who goes, sorry, has to go to the movies by himself/herself is a loser, much like the loners on Prom nights or Friday nights, concepts no longer foreign to us, thanks to our new-found Americanised way of living, something that we have emulated and then implemented better than the Americans themselves, we always were a nation of quick learners.
Anyways I went to watch the new 'X-Files' movie. I never understood why that series did not get a longer run.
I came out feeling terrible, no the movie isn't to blame at all, let me just call it a male version of Bridget Jones'ism that takes over, from time to time.
No cures in sight, as yet.
I come back feeling lower that a rats' belly, and in order to feel good about myself, I go through the one and only testimonial I received, on a Social networking site, and it seems to have worked, I do not feel the urge to drown myself in a plate of fries, for the moment.
There is a girl, barely into her teens, who is dying of a terminal lung malignancy, and there is nothing that we can do, because the parents are just about coming to terms with the supposed inevitability of the whole situation, and even though there may be a place for a little bit of patience in all this, she may just make it through this time, to fight another day, but the overall outcome is not a very hopeful one, and any effort is just going to end up with the parents hoping and praying for a miracle. On top of everything else is the cost factor, mounting on every day and which are bound to be exorbitant, by the end of it all, no matter which way this particular match swings
Hardly an ideal situation, from any point of view. reminds me of the old joke about how LIFE was a Black man's left ass, never fair....
Shit...!

3 comments:

daktar said...

that proves that some mistakes that are made in a drunken stupor may sometimes be beneficial ;)...lol

hope you are feeling better now.

blackgames said...

1) never knew one cud drown in fries!!guess a bowl of soup wud work better any day...lets call it "hot and sweet drowning", eh?
2)t-shirt one liner: "of course lifes not fair. if it were, john lennon wud be alive and yoko ono wud have been dead"
3)i have such insight!!

rajarshi said...

Dry drowning,?
The Tee 1 liner was great.
you do have such Insight.

Followers,