Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Evening Tea,,,

Its very seldom that I actually have even a skeletal idea of what I am going to write, when I sit to do it, and this is the truth, which is reflected in what I write, I guess, as I've been told by one of friends, who is a regular reader, if not the only one,, and I am so thankful to him, because he is one of the, if not THE ONLY reasons, why I am persisting.
I am listening to Abeeda Parveen sing " Kesariya Baalam" and can't help wonder if a voice and a talent like hers, can be anything but more proof of the Almighty's benign, all encompassing presence. Today was a Sunday and to me it was like any other day, except that I didn't have to go to the Hospital (even though I did), and Yes, I did get up late, a luxury I don't want to enjoy every day, for that would mean, trouble getting to sleep at night, and THAT, as we all know, is no pleasure, and has in fact, led to many a doctor leading lives of Millionares, by helping people, sleep, for a few precious hours,,Thank-God, I at least donot have that particular problem to deal with,, for now, at least. What a really optimistic statement, that was! Right?
My mind is not at peace, if you haven't guessed it by now, that is,, my friend is going through a very tough time, and our penchant of playing God, is what is responsible for this,, someone wants to spare him the hurt he MAY face, in the future, and so is making sure he hurts, like hell, right now,, Please tell me if I am the only person to whom this sounds like THE MOST STUPID PLAN ever? Why do we have to take a perfectly good thing, stamp our half-witted theories on it, and make ourselves miserable, ahead of time, when we can just go ahead and enjoy whatever Joy, we are given, for as long as we have them, and then,, leave the rest to the Almighty,? There must be times, like these when even He must groan at His decision to make us His best creation, when all we can ever do, is try and find ways to fuck-up this life we are given,
We have to stop trying to play God, it is not a thing we excell at, and we should rather try and be decent human beings, use our intellect in better, happier, more productive ways, so that when the time comes, for life to stick it to us, we at least have happy memories to fall back on,, I can just pray that Allah, in His kindness and Mercy give "D" the strength, to go through this,,

No comments:

Followers,