Friday, March 28, 2008

Afternoon Tea, Cricket and Pride

I just gave Virendra Sehwag a standing ovation, on his 4th Test double hundred, I could'nt help it, here was a man who had no place in our Test team, 2 matches back, was so badly out of form, and here he was, playing shots with the same non-chalance that he had shown, when he was getting out to bad shots, misplayed hits, during that lean patch of his. All his shots wouldn't find a place in the cricketing manuals, his attitude that of a marauding conquerer, he was hitting Ntini, who was bowling at 140ks, as if he were a spin bowler, smashing him for a huge unorthodox 6, while on 193, and reaching another milestone in the next few balls. I donot claim to have much technical know-how, as far as cricket goes, but like any other Indian, I love my Cricket, and wear my proud heart on my sleeve, on all matters Cricket. This was just a man doing what he knows best, and in the process showing a few people, who had given up, a bit too early, what Class was all about. The 'harping-carpies' will have a field day with the so-called dead pitch, and they may very well do so, till the cows came home, it still wouldn't take away anything from a match, an innings, I was privileged to have watched, and there can be no two opinions about that.
The fact I think, will terrify the South Africans all the more, is that they have Sachin sitting with pads on, in what could arguably be termed the best form of his career, and then Ganguly and Laxman to follow, with Dravid just beginning his vigil, at the crease, I would say, we are in for a thrilling ride indeed, and we better settle down, and enjoy the show,, I have a feeling, Sehwag has just warmed up, the way he hoisted Ntini for a 4, turned back, and walked off to tea, he is enjoying himself, and he looked Glorious doing so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rajarshi,

sweet dreams....with the oldies sitting on the bench!! had a good laugh!! It's more like leaving your new bicycle and trying to ride on another, with old and rattly spokes and worn out bells!!

Well being first time on your blog, i wouldnt want to go on further for obvious reasons!

Well ....blog on...

Rajeeb

blackgames said...

cricket is my religion:)
n one doesnt need the technical knowhow of theology to pray!!!

Followers,