Sunday, March 9, 2008

A different cup of tea




How do i sign in? As usual, my confident self,,anyways,there was a choice of two topics for today's post,I decided to go with this,owing to my state of mind,yup!! you guessed right, m down in the dumps-again!!I have joined Tata Tea Ltd. as an Estate Medical Officer,at the 1st Tea Estate ever to be established in Assam,at a place called Chubwa,25 km from my Alma Mater,AMC. I came here on the 1st of Feb.and am still finding my feet,for this indeed is," A different cup-a-tea"-indeed.Its so beautiful amidst the verdant green landscape,misty and shrouded in mystique,in the early mornings,of which I get to see a lot,as my day here,at the Office, starts at an ungodly hour,at 6,30 am.


I have to get up,get bathed,ready,regain full possession of all my faculties and reach my Outdoor by .30 am, and then my day starts! Thew first few days I spent in getting used to the 5 servants(!!!!!) provided to every management staff,by the company,(did I tell you,I am a Deputy Manager here,from the day I start:)!!) They whisk away my slippers from under my feet,even before I've thought of removing them! Then come the 2nd source f amazement,my patients. They come in droves,(my nurses call me a bee-hive)and have to be taken care of,LITERALLY!!They do me a great favour by complying wit my requests to take their medications,and bat their eye-lashes in a way,the late Marilyn Monroe would find worthy of emulating,if I ask them the "why" question,to anything! Tuberculosis is still THE No.1 cause of death here,and they still look upon this disease as a matter of shame,it's a 60 bedded hospital in a garden with a population of 12,000 and I'm the only doctor here,so it's no wonder I have such an easy time.I don't know,if my coming here has made any difference to them,what-so-ever,but I just want to make sure,my presence here makes a small change towards the right,for as long as I am here. These are such innocent people here,and even though it is quite a lonely life here,a person could manage to find himself busy,if he/she so wanted to.I've come back from a trip today,and am drawing in a deep long hard breath,before starting a new week at work here,from tomorrow,even while listening to "Azeem-o-shaan-Shahenshah" and writing this.I've decided to add a few photos of the place, and till my next post on this,keep the caffeine flowing! Cheers!!

No comments:

Followers,