Sunday, August 31, 2008

A goodbye,,,,

This one is for you, brave lady, and for you ,her son.

I am going to miss saying 'Hi' to you walking into the ICU, I am going to miss you waving at me, unable to speak but acknowledging, all the same,,after all we knew each other for what would have been two months, come 7th of September,,but you decided to bow out of the tussle, the fight had raged on for so long,,,how befitting or should I say ironical it was indeed, I who received you into what became your last resting place, on one of my night shifts,, had to sit and complete the formalities of your passing,,.

I am going to repeat what I said to your son, as I handed him the envelope with the final documents,,that I was sure you knew what he had done for you, in spite of not knowing where the bills would be paid from, and also that I would wish my children do the same for me, if such an event comes by in my life,,,,, I admire the way you always smiled, even when your state reduced us to hapless, frowning spectators, I remember how you held that piece of Chocolate between your lips, a few days back, when your son bought you a slab of chocolate, on what would be his last Birthday that you were around for.

God grant your soul all peace, and when my time comes, may He grant me half the strength you showed, during your long struggle,.In death you showed me what life was all about.

Thanks dear lady, it was a pleasure and an honour, knowing you.

2 comments:

daktar said...

i went through two of my fav blogs and both had posts on similar lines... coincidence???

about d post, thats what life is all about, isn't it? trying to live inspite of all d odds.

and death, death is the only and ultimate truth.

The Cynic said...

coincidence...
the first time i visit your blog and i get to read things which were swirling in my head and which i clumsily tried to pour out on my blog yesterday...

i understand you. i've seen it.

its nice to see someone appreciating something which people keep forgetting in our profession- the truth about death.

great stuff.

Followers,