Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Travails unlimited

Maudlin melodies on the net, thanks to Internet Radio, and a lovely sunny,wind-blown day,,,an impending nighter after two days of well-earned rest,,life is good. Add to it the fact that I was out on my favourite activity yesterday,,shopping. So what if it was for mundane and utterly prosaic stuff (read Undies, bed-linen, flip-flops, a wallet,,), retail therapy works, every time!
On my way back I discovered the joys of weightlessness, once again,,,as one of my ex-friends (notice the sudden icy chill?) used to say, being a "feather-weight" has its own advantages, your self esteem is much better than when you were a hippo in man-skin, plus it makes you ready for any upcoming NASA auditions for their future space programs,,they do need fussy, cleanliness freaks out there, trust me! Back to the auditions,,, every time I am out, availing of the public transportation, be it bus, cab or the three wheeled demon-vehicle called an (?) Auto I am at the mercy of the laws of physics, the wind condition of the day and all other elements that are in my immediate vicinity. I happened to be in an (shudder!!) Auto, while returning from my little trip yesterday,,and I found myself tossed around in its confines, thanks to the drivers love of cross-country rallies, I pretty soon was sitting on an unknown lap,( the sheer embarrassment of it),,snug as a bug in a rug on a rainy night, after one slightly more violent undulation of the vehicle,,.gives you a pretty good idea of what floating in space must entail,, after that I more or less hung on with all I had, read teeth, claws, legs,,,,till my destination was reached. Needing something strong to steady my jangling nerves, I headed for the small tea place near my hostel,,,,Yes! Tea! What do you take me for? It was just 5.30 in the evening?
Finally! I was in the safety of my room, I proceeded to put on a movie,,Eragon it was,, and relaxed.
PS.The Nano is out, right? Maybe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No comments:

Followers,