Monday, March 2, 2009

Of dreams and Nightmares

Most of the my days recently, have had a strange dream-like quality to them, and I say dream-like because I have aways felt that the border between a dream and a night-mare is an often blurry, thin line, hard to make out at the best of times, much like sanity and insanity.
Dream like,,,,I never seem to be in control of what is going on around me, what is so new in that piece of news, you might ask, nothing,,,except for the fact that now a days, I seem to be more lost than I usually am, and that is quite an achievement I can tell you. When ever I manage to get some time off from my work (?), and pause to draw breath, I feel myself slip into a sepia-tinted dream, where the same evil, uncontrollable things keep happening, again and again. I am like a mute spectator, hands tied behind my back, for good measure, and I cannot intervene, cannot do anything to repair the rents that start appearing.
All the events that have transpired in the past few months of my glorious life, come back to haunt me, every vivid, stark detail,,,,, the pleasant times too, but with evil twists in the end, of the kind that J A would be proud of.
No, I have not taken up smoking pot, with the salary I draw (hint, hint!!), I am lucky if I can smoke left-over stumps and the fag-end of fags, not the human variety.
Now, I have gone and said something politically incorrect. Shit!
Back to dreaming for me.

2 comments:

daktar said...

Dreams and nightmares... everyone has some for themselves. Everyone...

blackgames said...

People like to dream on.
Dreams: when one's mind becomes a con.
Nightmares, at least, are far better,
They come back to haunt one much later.

Followers,