Thursday, January 1, 2009

My own special celerations

Hi, I am back, will take me quite some time to gather myself together, and to top it all, I did not usher in my New Year in a very good way, but then when you are dealing with me, isn't that what we all expect? After spending a 'not more than usually shitty' day in the ICU, I run out, buy provisions and rush to my friend's place, to cook dinner for three people, we two and his brother, rather pleased at the quiet plans, only to reach there to find that there has been a change in plans and it seems we are all going out to dine, it was not for fear of being subjected to my cooking, let me assure you, for I have been told by quite a few guys, and gals that I am a decent cook, some of them out in blogger-world would be able to vouch for me, anyways, we do manage to go out, and also to find a table for 4 at one of the better dine-houses in Hyderabad, and THAT was a miracle in itself, let me tell you, for it seems that the whole of Hyderabad had the same venue in mind for their revelries. While waiting for our table to dislodge its previous diners, I got a message from my bank telling me that my salary has been deposited, only to discover that I had been subjected to a pay-cut, just because I decided to pay my parents a visit, well!!!!!!!!! Lucky me.

We finally finish dinner, catch hold of an auto, and let me tell you guys, these guys were on top-form, demanding cut-throat prices and getting them too, when on the way back, a team of police-men decide to stop us, subject the driver AND us to breathalyser tests, can you beat that? Pretty soon it will be illegal if you are dastardly enough to hail yourself an auto or a taxi, after a few drinks, rather than indulge in recklessly dangerous drunk-driving, and think you can pull a fast stunt, Huh!! our police force are up to all our evil plans, they will be lying in wait, don't say I didn't warn you. Well, so you see, I rang in my New Year in a grand way, hope you all fared better.

Here's wishing all of you a Very Happy ans Safe New Year!!

2 comments:

blackgames said...

Loved the breat analyser thingy.. Ever vigilant Indian police force, eh? Its completely different they cant stop them ruddy terrorists from planting a few bombs and taking a few hundred people hostage!

The Cynic said...

great to see you back...
and don't worry about pulling yourself together- you seem to be in top form with the words and the flow (after effects of ghar-ka-khana?)

not too happy things happening in new year, but hope some do as the year unfolds.

Followers,