Monday, September 22, 2008

On being poor,,

I want to go home, for Puja. I can go into raptures about the ensuing Sharod-otsav and what it means to me, a Bengali,,suffice to say, I can smell the season in the air, and I long to go home,,,,,,


I do not think I shall be able to, why? Because flight tickets costs are above the roof,( sob-sob), and before I am labelled a snob for thinking of flying home rather than enjoying a leisurely journey in the common man's savari, I would like to clarify by saying that I am neither a snob, nor am I loaded with cash, it is just that the leave alloted to me is of 10 days, so going home, by train, and returning back on time, is out of the question, unless,,,,unless I call my parents, ask them to meet up with me in the Railway Station, and not even bother stepping down from the train, Lovely idea?

I hate being poor, I hate not having the hard moolah, that would have enabled me to be home in the Festive season.


Darn, double darn,,,,,,

No comments:

Followers,