Saturday, December 29, 2007

Memories,,

Day III, Boxing day test,
Us v/s Australia
India- 85/3, Ganguly and Tendulkar at the crease!
Me,,,-Under my Blanket, watching,,with my Coffee in my hands!

Ganguly has just survived a 3rd Umpire referral, and in the process saving himself an embarrasing dismissal in his 100th test,,neways, as they say, once a survivor, always a survivor!!
In the past one year, this will be fifth change for me, with regards to my job, my house and a city, and everytime, I heaved a sigh, gritted my teeth, and pushed on, hoping for the best,,taken out the various artefacts, wall-hangings and pictures,from the walls, packed them up and hit the road, accompanied by my memories, the ever-faithful, travel-companion I've had, for quite some time.
The only difference between the rest of the stuff that I pack, and my memories is that, the latter are seldom reflections of my taste, my mood or what kind of a spender I've been, in the preceeding days,,and are neither bothered by my wish to have or not to have them along, they are sometimes pleasant, mostly unpleasant reminders of the days/nights I spent in the place I'm about to leave, perhaps forever. Regardless of their nature and content, they stay on, the stinging unpleasantness lasting far longer than I care them to,,.
The pain from these unpleasant, unwanted memories last far more than the soothing pleasantness of the good-time-memories. Ultimately, the only things that bind us to a place, any place, atime or an event,, are the belongings we gather, willingly, while at that particular phase of our life, and the memories that grow,, all these coming together, in our minds, to create a collage of sorts,a tableau, that links us, inexorably, forever, to all things past.
After all's said and done, I have no other alternative but to carry on, regardless of what's in store,regardless of what's happened, just try to roll with the blows life deals, so as to minimise the pain, the hurt, and just go with the flow, for as long as it takes, till the tide shifts,,waiting for such a time, when most of the memories, that stay on, will be pleasant, good-time ones, and for such a time, when looking back at memories of days gone by, won't be the terrifying job that it is NOW,, and till then, I just have to carry-on, hoping, wishing that good days DO come around, and SOON, "coz this time around, the wheels are taking a long time turning!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Followers,